Pobal conducts compliance visits in respect of participating childcare services under the following three programmes which are funded by the Department of Children and Youth Affairs (DCYA):
1. Free Pre-School year in Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE)
2. Training and Education Childcare (TEC)
3. Community Childcare Subvention (CCS)
– The compliance function operates on a national basis by a team of Visit Officers and support staff within Pobal’s Compliance, Audit & Risk (CAR) directorate. The compliance visits comprise unannounced (*) on-site visits to childcare services aimed at ensuring that certain fundamental contractual conditions of the programmes are being complied with. The on-site compliance visit does not constitute an in-depth audit of accounting records, internal controls or corporate governance arrangements.
– Services should review this website and the announcements section of the PIP portal for any updates in relation to the compliance cycle.
(*) – Important Notice – Unannounced Visits: As directed by DCYA, on-site compliance visits will be Unannounced i.e. conducted without prior notice. No notification email or telephone contact will be made in advance of the Pobal Visit Officer arriving at the service to conduct the on-site compliance checks. These unannounced visits have commenced for the 2015/2016 cycle. Please note all Pobal Visit Officers hold official Pobal photographic identification.
NB. It’s important to note that the on-site compliance visit does not constitute an in-depth audit of accounting records, internal controls or corporate governance arrangements.
Compliance Visit Checklist.