POBAL is the agency responsible for administering the DCYA childcare funding schemes. They carry out compliance visits for early year’s services in contract for these schemes. Compliance visits are unannounced and generally run from October to August of the programme year.
The compliance process involves a series of standardised on-site checks which are aimed at ensuring adherence with programme rules and contract conditions as set out by Department of Children and Youth Affairs (DCYA). To ensure compliance with each programme requirements, services should familiarise themselves with the relevant Grant Agreement, Rules for the DCYA Childcare Funding Programmes, PIP ‘How to Guides’, and PIP announcements all of which are available on the services PIP portal page.
Compliance visits comprises of checks on records held on site in respect of the following DCYA Childcare Funding Programmes:
- Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE) Programme
- Community Childcare Subvention (CCS) Programme
- Community Childcare Subvention (Plus) (CCSP) including Universal (CCSU) Programme
- Community Childcare Subvention Resettlement/ Transitional (CCSR(T))Programmes
- Training and Employment Childcare (TEC) Programme It is advisable that services prepare for their unannounced compliance visit by collating the relevant information that is required for review e.g. in a compliance folder/file which can be made readily available to the POBAL compliance Visit officer on arrival. Records must be available to enable the Visit officer to complete the compliance visit in a reasonable timeframe. It is also necessary that there is always a staff member on sire with access to the Compliance folder/file and records. A Compliance Service Provider File Checklist for each programme is available on your service PIP homepage and PIP portal. These checklists are to assist services to gather the relevant information to meet compliance requirements.
Compliance Visit Checklist.